Life in Poetry reading, writing, reflecting

Life in Poetry reading, writing, reflecting
April showers bring May flowers

Sunday 28 April 2019

⌗AtoZ Challenge, April 28th 2019, Letter X

Here is my contribution to the A to Z Challenge of April 2019.
This is the first time I am participating in this challenge, so we'll see if I have the stamina to       complete the whole month ! Nearly there !

I was also, very ambitiously, writing for the April NaNoWriMo ! So the challenge was twofold !! But I'm behind in the NaNoWrite, 1500 words out of 10 000 because I'm concentrating on research   and building bridges with my contacts.

Hang on to your horse and enjoy the ride. And good luck to all my fellow participants.



If you would like to know more about the A to Z Challenge over the years  go here

For today's Host Post go here

X is for Xylophone

The instrument that has always the most fascinated me, with the clarinet and the piano is the Xylophone. Half-keyboard, half-percussion. Drumsticks with soft, cushioned tips.
It was also my first instrument. Colourful musical blades with letters, drawings and notes painted onto them.
So easy to carry a tune. A sound mixing, the ringing of a bell, the tinting of a triangle, the melody of piano keys.
The Xylophone, sadly in my view,  is often drowned by the orchestra and the other percussions. Listen to it on its own and you are in for a magical moment.


A Xylophone solo, written by Emmanuel Séjourné, Attraction, performed by Christoph Sietzen.



Thank you for reading and listening. Please feel free to comment and offer your opinion. I will be sure to reply promptly.  Have a pleasant 'X' Day.   See you tomorrow.