Life in Poetry reading, writing, reflecting

Life in Poetry reading, writing, reflecting
April showers bring May flowers

Thursday 18 April 2019

⌗AtoZ challenge, April 18th 2019, Letter P

Here is my contribution to the A to Z Challenge of April 2019.
This is the first time I am participating in this challenge, so we'll see if I have the stamina to complete the whole month !

I am also, very ambitiously, writing for the April NaNoWriMo ! So the challenge is
twofold !! But I'm behind in the NaNoWrite, 1500 words out of 10 000 because I'm concentrating on research and building bridges with my contacts.



Hang on to your horse and enjoy the ride. And good luck to all my fellow participants.


Good Morning World. If you would like to know more about this challenge or are thinking of participating in the future  go here

In keeping with Jayden R. Vincente's post today, I will try to respect the ten steps for a better blog.
However I will not be prudent. So I apologize for this post. My intent is not to offend.

P is for Politics


WAR 1984


City at war..............

With itself alone

Born from subtle differences

Lost in the wakes of time.


A house is thrown down

Death and loneliness all around

The cause is a word in the sacred book

Understood and misunderstood.


We are right, you are wrong

You must die

For you do not believe

In the same

God as I.


A square where children played

Reduced to rumble

Now the boys and girls play no more

Guns are their toys.


We are right, you are wrong

You must die

For you do not believe

In the same

God as I.



City at war............

With those it should protect

No one will live between its walls

As long as they need to select.

©susanbauryrouchard

This poem, I wrote in 1984, another version, I wrote in 1983 during the conflict in Lebanon. I think that unfortunately it still applies today.

Politically Correct doesn't exist: it is a Hypocrisy !
You are either committed to Freedom, Equality and Peace or you simply don't care enough.
This blog is for writing poetry, short stories and memoirs. But it doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on Politics. I do, but I choose to show them elsewhere. That is what I am doing today by writing articles and spreading news about Political Injustices which are costing lives today as they have everyday. They have come to my attention particularly for the past few months.
Notre-Dame can wait ! She's only made of Stone ! She can be rebuilt.
We only have one planet, one climate, one species of every living thing and only ONE LIFE.
So it is time to act for what is important : LIFE and everyone who is still alive today because tomorrow they might not be.

Plus it's my daughter's Birthday and she is not with me. So I am sending her videos to celebrate and Facetiming with her. Also back to the Dentist to check everything is OK. And a meeting for my voluntary work helping poor and hungry children.

So long Folks, see you tomorrow.
Cloud cover today in Toulouse.

Thank you for reading and feel free to comment, disagree, argue and vent your opinions. I can take it !


Radiohead Creep  go here
Imagine John Lennon  go here 
The Man who Sold the World   David Bowie  go here  
Women don't Cry  Bob Marley  go here

Alice is 24 today