The A to Z Challenge is now over. I will still be visiting blogs, mostly from M onwards. So please keep your comments OPEN.
If you would like to know more about the A to Z Challenge and maybe join next year, go here
The 10 years of the A to Z Challenge, go here
- What did you love about the challenge this year?
The number of interesting blogs I discovered. Maybe you yourself, missed the following:
A special mention to Sonia Dogra' s A Hundred Quills ( go here ) with very different articles, stories and poems;
Roland Clarke 's Writing Wings ( go here )with its short stories and amazing links,
and the Gigglingfattie's blog ( go here ) with its colourful children's alphabet carpet.
We struck up quite long ongoing conversations with these !
Some blogs I discovered later on. Special mention to Fandango 's This, That, and the Other ( go here )
and iScriblr for her passionate posts ( go here ).
- 2 ) What would you change about it?
Well, I would say, posting every other day ! But then it would not be the April Challenge anymore ! So how about it ? March-April or April-May and call it the A to Z Spring Challenge ? After 10 years, now is maybe the time to change some things ? Only a suggestion ! We bloggers have families, other things we need to do !
- 3 ) What was the best moment for you during this year's challenge?
I could say the end ! ! ! But half-way through would be closer to the truth : once you are launched and determined to finish thanks to the encouraging Host Posts every day and all the wonderful people who stop by , read and take time to comment.
- 4 ) What is the best comment your blog got during the challenge, and who left the comment?
Very difficult one. How do I answer it without hurting someone else 's feelings ? So I'll put two!
'Wow Susan. Simply loved it. I’m putting it on Twitter.' from Sonia Dogra 'à propos' my post on
V is for Victory.
and 'Powerful words – and great links.' from Roland Clarke about my post on R is for Robot.
- 5 ) Will you do the challenge again?
Certainly, all ready for next year, my second time ! Maybe after 10 years I won't be as enthusiastic !
- 6 ) Was it well organized and were the hosts helpful? (Did you fill out the after survey?)
It was very well organised and I always read the Host Posts and tried to follow the guidelines which were all very helpful. A special thanks to Tarabata Högly for her posts.
- 7 ) How did you and your blog grow, change, or improve as a result of this challenge? Did you find new blogs out there to enjoy?
So the new blogs, see question 1. Found about 25 new blogs that I am now following.
My blog grew because I had individual people in mind, an audience to adjust my posts to. What would be interesting ?
My blog changed : before I posted mostly poems and photos. Now I still post poems, but also short stories and articles. Plus I put links to films, articles, music as well as photos.
So I hope it is more interesting and has improved to the boot.
- 8 ) Were you on the Master List? (If you did the challenge last year, was it better this time without the daily lists?)
Yes, I was on the Master List. So I chose a few blogs before the Challenge to comment on regularly...but I found myself spending more time visiting people who had visited me and left comments...Kindred Spirits ?
- 9 ) Any suggestions for our future?
Keep it up and let Arlee Bird have a real rest, even though he wasn't Captain, he seemed to be ever working !
- 10 ) Any notes to the co-host team? A word of thanks to Jeremy for all his hard work on the graphics? A picture with your A to Z shirt, if you ordered one?
I would like to thank the whole team again. I usually thanked them every day for their Host Post, but maybe they did not visit me ! So thank you J Lenni, Jeremy, I loved the badges !, Jayden, Zalka and John whose blogs I managed to visit several times, and Arlee for making all this possible.
Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful Reflections Day.
See you all very soon.
Susan Baury Rouchard.