Life in Poetry reading, writing, reflecting

Life in Poetry reading, writing, reflecting
April showers bring May flowers

Tuesday 2 April 2019

⌗AToZ Challenge, 2nd April, letter B

Here is my contribution to the A to Z Challenge of April 2019.
This is the first time I am participating in this challenge, so we'll see if I have the stamina to complete the whole month !
I am also, very ambitiously, writing for the April NaNoWrite ! So the challenge is twofold !!

Hang on to your horse and enjoy the ride. And good luck to all my fellow participants.

if you would like to know more about the challenge go here






Busy like a Bee


Winter has slunk away, shied by the rays

of the spring sun. The daffodils, hyacinthia,

fosythia, wild violet, tulips


are showing off their coloured robes.

The air seeps into every cranny

and chases the cobwebs away.


Like the bee dipping into every bud,

my pen is busy scratching ink

into newborn paper.


The tips of my fingers diligently strum

the keys. My nail stabs at links. My eyes

roam the wild to capture,


camera handy, that detail, that brush

of light. My voice speaks up and reaches

out to old friends,


attentive ears even after months

of silence. Busy like a bee,

I feel on top


of the world and envision peaceful

changes on the horizon, my words

on the page


paving the way. The opening of minds

the blooming of hearts.


The shared thoughts that can move mountains

and sow the seeds of bliss.


©SusanBauryRouchard



Thank you for reading. If you would like to share your thoughts, please comment below

and I will be sure to reply. Have a nice 'B' day. Finally rain, here in Toulouse, a nice spring patter.