Life in Poetry reading, writing, reflecting

Life in Poetry reading, writing, reflecting
April showers bring May flowers

Friday 1 March 2019

⌗FMF Challenge, SEARCH

Hello fellow writers. I am partipating in the FMF Challenge for the first time after the WEP-IWSG 28 days challenge. If you would like to join the 

⌗FMF Challenge, go to this link :

here

SEARCH

I keep forgetting things, dates, names . So when I remember that I'VE FORGOTTEN something, I write it down, usually in my daily notebook. Then when I re-read my entries, I'm in for a lovely time of searching for information : in my records, in my books, in my films....And more often than not on Wikipedia.
As my late Auntie Ann would say, you can't trust everything their articles say - but anyway I Love researching on Wikipedia. I check a date or a name then start learning something new and thread on from there. Very time consuming but it always gives me pleasure and I hook up with new books, music, authors, actors, films, historical figures....and ENJOY.


6 minutes, sorry.


An example of a search. I was wondering when David Bowie wrote SPACE ODDITY, in regard to the 1969 landing on the moon, while listening to the song the other day.
It turns out, the song was released in June 1969, a month before the Moon Landing but of course, once they had already left Earth, and there were probably reports on the launch and trip; as the event was amply televised. And then I listened to the song again in light of the information.
If you would like to listen to the song, click below




What did SEARCH evoke for you today ?
Leave a comment and I'll have a look at your post.
Thank you for reading. Have a pleasant day.